Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reflections on Web Design Module

My reflections on the Web Design Module are as follows:

I used SeaMonkey software for my webdesign project. It is a very basic software that does the basics (links to files, lists text, etc.). Since the general public is so used to seeing more extensive websites, I do look forward to learning how to use more extensive software (such as possibly DreamWeaver) to create more customized sites.

I chose not to put a picture on the face of the site because I don't think you're supposed to really have a picture with something that is used as a supplement to your professional resume? I think that's the general rule but I could be wrong.

I had a little bit of difficulty getting the tables on SeaMonkey to appear as I wanted them to and the spacing and tabs seemed to be a little off.

I am happy that my site looks great on Mozilla Firefox but, unfortunately, it does not appear correct at all on Internet Explorer. My solution to this, at my current skill level, is to request that users only try viewing the site on Mozilla Firefox.

Nevertheless, creating the site was a good learning experience and I have already begun using it in my work and professional life.

No comments:

Post a Comment