Sunday, March 28, 2010

#23 - Summarizing My Thoughts

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Some of my favorite exercises were:

1) Browsing through the Web 2.0 Winners and discovering upcoming.org" (http://upcoming.yahoo.com).
2) RSS feeds including www.bloglines.com
3) Del.icio.us
4) www.librarything.com
5) www.podcastalley.com
6) News feeds including www.topix.net

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I have kept a chart of all the things I have learned along with the associated website for each thing. I hope to use this in my job and in my life for planning get togethers, travel planning, looking for jobs, etc.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I actually was not familiar with most of the sites so this entire experience has been new for me.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think overall, the program is pretty good. It might be made more universal by not requiring individuals to be members of PLMC on certain exercises and the manager of the site should regularly check all suggested websites to ensure that all the links are working.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
As long as I see it as being immediately applicable to my work or business life, then yes I would participate again!

No comments:

Post a Comment