Sunday, March 7, 2010

WiFi Access to Increase Business

Hello All!

Today I am sitting in Barnes and Noble on Dale Mabry (studying if anyone from LIS 6303 wants to join me)!! I am pondering over how technology has affected all of our lives. When this Barnes and Noble was first built, I'm sure it was not 100% necessary to have wifi access and accompanying power outlets to increase business. Now it's almost a necessity! Especially since the Borders down the street has wifi.

So, I would guess that anyone opening a brick and mortar business right now would wire it for wifi AND include enough power outlets (unlike this B&N - I love it but there's not enough power outlets). Who knows what will be a technology "requirement" ten years from now!

Gotta go - only have 1.16 hours left until my battery runs out=(.

No comments:

Post a Comment