Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughts on Library 2.0

I am working on #15 of the "23 Things." Here are my thoughts on Library 2.0:

First, I am not a library professional (I'm actually a Recruiter for a University). However, I did read the different perspectives on the Learning 2.0 site and do have some thoughts.

I think that any industry that does not embrace what the users wants is doomed to fail in this emerging economy. Ignoring consumer wants and needs will ultimately lead to you being replaced. Therefore, I think the "beginning with user wants" philosphy of the Library 2.0 is very good.

I also like the perspective that Library 2.0 does not implement technology just for the sake of implementing technology. Sometimes things can be just too much and it is more important to have a few quality options than several options that are not really understood or supported.

All of this being said, however, I agree with the perspective that we should not lose some of the "good things" from the past to just jump on the train of the next best thing.

Signing off,

Marcia P.

No comments:

Post a Comment